Monday, May 3, 2010

could u be a Nice person??

I just HAVE to do this.

I want to get something of my chest.

Today, somebody (lEts name this Person AnONYmous) asked me

“so what are you Doing now?”

And I jokingly answered “I’m being a nice person!”

Anonymous thus answered “No, u can never be a nice person! because we’re all sinful people”.

I was frankly taken aback not to mention Intimidated by this response to what had been an innocent comment and joke on my part. Furthermore, like most jokes, it DID Have a grain of truth in it as I really do Intend and Try to be/become as nice a person as I can be!

I then responded with something like “Yes but Jesus Died on the cROSS for me didn’t he?! And so I’ve been redeemed by his grace!and no longer bear the weight of my sins! ”

Anonymous decided to counter this remark by “Still we are still sinners even after he Died for us and we can’t say that we’re all uplifted and free now”

“ wELL, v r CLEANSED sinners,” I say.

“BUT , we are STILL SINNERS,” Anonymous says.

I End this most Peculiar conversation by saying confidently that “whatever it is I know that because of Jesus I’m saved and that if I died tomorrow I know that I’ll be going to meet Him in Heaven because of His mercy and Grace.”.

Anonymous of course doesn’t argue with that so he nods and this is where the people around us intercede into the conversation with a

“AIYOR u guys!! enough debating lah”

Somehow I’m not happy with this conversation. Till now it just keeps recurring in my mind. Which is why I’m blogging about it , to get it out of my system. I don’t like it at all!!! There;s something wrong about it. I’m pretty sure that whoever is reading this will FEEL that indeed, there is something Not right about this conversation. I can’t quite put into words what that something is? I can’t really do it without putting down this person which is what I’d like to avoid because This “something wrong” is pretty rampant among quite a lot ofChristians and I’m actually referring to this as a General thing about Christians that can be such a turn off.

* I bet Amanda ONG is cringing as she reads the above conversation. *

Mahatma Gandhi said , “iF it weren’t for Christians I’d be a Christian”

I decided to find the applicable definitions for “nice person”

Nice: . 1. Pleasing and agreeable in nature

2. Exhibiting courtesy and politeness

3. of good character and reputation

4. Having a pleasant or attractive appearance

Person :

according to wikipedia, the term person in common usage means an individual human.

(obviously THAT is the context of the word in the term ‘nice person’)

so tell me ., my dear and beloved readers. Christian and Non-christian, bASed on the common definitions above, is it NOT possible to be a NICE PERSON?

*feedback on this entry is Really welcome And would be very much appreciated as i really want to know what other people think. so Do drop me a msg on facebook or an email because i know that its VERY hard to drop a comment in a Friendster blog unless your signed into friendster, * thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment