Monday, May 3, 2010

DaiLy earnings

As I was heading back to my car after tahPaU-ing my usual Sunday breakfast of “PAN Mee” from the coffeeshop beside my neighborhood market, I noticed an oldish man of around 70 at his stall, preparing chee cheong fan for a horde of hungry would-be customers. What brought this particular vendor to my attention was not the large slab of marble used to cook the smooth, slithery noodles but that he was smiling happily to himself whilst going about his work…

I thought then, “He must make fantastic CCF (chee cheong fun)!”

I think I’ll give his noodles a try next week. =)

This simple satisfaction and joy in doing what one does every day for a living isn’t easy to come by. In this sense, the skinny, old Uncle Chee Cheong Fun vendor in my neighborhood coffeeshop is better off than many a tired businessman and weary politician.

No comments:

Post a Comment